Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Cover letter and resume required.
The Parent Partner works in concert with the behavioral health team to provide support to parents during psychiatric crisis assessments and stabilization of their children.
1. Acts as a liaison for parents with children engaged at ACH with behavioral health concerns, both during their time at ACH and when they are discharged.
2. Provide consultation and education to parents, behavioral health team, hospital staff and other personnel and work collaboratively with other providers and stakeholders to increase effective parent professional partnerships.
3. In collaboration with clinical staff, assists families in accessing mental health services in the community.
4. Assists families in navigating the healthcare system.
5. Provides follow-up to families who have been discharged from ACH in person or by other communication modalities.
6. Maintains appropriate boundaries and confidentiality between patient and mentor.
7. Consults with supervisor regarding progress and concerns regarding patient and/or family.
8. Other duties as required.
1. Experience parenting a child with emotional and/or mental health issues that has been on an inpatient behavioral health unit.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
2. Certification: Non-violent Crisis Intervention certification is required within six months of employment. Valid driver’s license is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: