Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
(2) 12 hour shifts. Variable times. Primarily night shift.
Rotating Weekend and Holiday
'The Transport Nurse provides to individuals and groups, nursing care requiring specialized knowledge judgment and skill derived from the principles of biological physical, behavioral, social and nursing sciences and assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs care for premature neonatal, pediatric and adult patients during transport in accordance with departmental standards of care and practice.
1. Provides to individuals and groups, nursing care requiring specialized knowledge judgment and skill derived from the principles of biological physical, behavioral, social and nursing sciences.
2. Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs care for premature neonatal, pediatric and adult patients during transport in accordance with departmental standards of care and practice.
3. Participates in the education of referral staff, patients, parents and CHMCA staff.
4. Staff may be temporarily assigned to an area throughout the Akron Children’s Hospital enterprise, based on patient needs requiring similar knowledge and skill.
5. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in critical care is required.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Associates degree in Nursing [ADS] is required. Bachelors in Nursing [BSN] is preferred. For employees hired after July 1, 20
3., BSN is required or must be obtained within 5 years from date of hire.
2. Certification: Registered Nurse licensure is required.
• Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American Heart Association is required.
• If assigned to critical care areas, ED, Surgical Services, Sedation Services, Transitional Care/Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, and Transport, within 1 year of date of hire PALS, ACLS, ATLS, or PFCCS, NRP, STABLE, ABLS, and EMT-B is required within one year of hire.
• Nursing Certification such as CCRN, CEN, CFRN, CTRN, or CNPT is required within two years of hire.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is required.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: