Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part time (24 hours per week) to coverage our hospitals (including nurseries) and outpatient facilities and our various satellite offices. Will also work a weekend on-call rotation for nursery coverage. Must be willing to travel to our various locations including Akron, Canton, Warren, Boardman, Boston Heights, Massillon and Medina.
The Audiologist provides comprehensive diagnostic audiological services to children from birth to adult.
1. Provides comprehensive diagnostic audiological services to children from birth to adult to include VRA, play audiometry, ABR/ASSR, OAE, central auditory processing evaluations and hearing aid fittings.
2. Provides services in outpatient clinic setting with emphasis on clinical quality and efficiency of care process.
4. Perform and interpret hearing evaluations
5. Provide test results, recommendations and appropriate referrals.
6. Perform hearing aid services.
7. Perform and interpret specialized audiological tests.
8. Obtain relevant case history and demonstrate proficiency in report writing.
9. Perform speech, language and hearing screenings
10. Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for physical, psychological, social, educational & safety needs of the patients.
11. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in outpatient clinic setting is preferred.
2. Experience in VRA, play audiometry, ABR/ASSR, OAE, central auditory processing evaluations and hearing aid fittings is preferred.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
4. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
5. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Master’s degree in Audiology is required. Doctor of Audiology is preferred.
2. Certification: State of Ohio License in Audiology; Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology from American Speech, Language & Hearing Association [ASHA] within 60 days of employment is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: