Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
We are currently offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus with a three year commitment for all of our Registered Respiratory Therapists!
The Respiratory Technician applies equipment and performs therapeutic modalities to patients demonstrating abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system under the supervision/direction of a registered respiratory therapist.
1. Applies equipment and procedures to patients demonstrating abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system.
2. Performs procedures verified by their Verification of Work Form from their accredited respiratory care program and must pass skills and competency for those procedures approved.
3. Works under the direction/supervision of a registered respiratory therapist.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
5. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in respiratory care is required.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Electronic health record software used for inpatient care is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Must be enrolled and in good standing in an accredited Respiratory Care Program.
2. Certification: Valid Ohio Limited Permit is required. Current Health Care Provider BLS certification is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: