Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Cardiology Technician assists in preparation of patient/family clinic visits including: history, vitals, billing, filing, triage of calls, follow-up on labs
1. Performs and documents vital signs and patient history, EKGs, and other cardiac testing procedures including: Holter, event/loop, stress, and tilt table procedures, and other procedures as needed.
2. Follows orders of the cardiologists, communicate and prepare the patient/family for clinic process and testing procedures.
3. Performs ordered testing procedures and provide usable data and results to the physician.
4. Uses equipment necessary to perform tests and demonstrate an appropriate level of working knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology.
5. Prepares reports of diagnostic procedures for interpretation by physician.
6. Maintains medical equipment. Participates in cross coverage efforts with other Heart Center staff.
7. Acts as a customer service representative for CHMCA by promoting the “Spirit of Service” attitude, exhibiting the attitudes and behaviors that comprise the House Rules regarding greetings courtesy, respect, empathy, communications, privacy, silence, cooperation, appearance, confidentiality, initiative, and anticipation.
8. Travels to other Heart Center offices as needed.
9. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in health care is required.
2. Experience in cardiovascular and monitoring experience is preferred.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
4. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
5. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Health care related associate’s degree or minimum 2 years healthcare experience required
2. Certification: Cardiovascular and monitoring experience preferred. Basic Life Support certification required. EKG technician certification and within one year of employment. ACLS certification may also be required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: