Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Supervisor Patient Care is responsible for patient care administered by the nursing staff during assigned shift.
1. Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
2. Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, and manages performance to company goals and expectations.
3. Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain expenditure controls.
4. Is responsible for promoting and maintaining quality patient care through effective management of the activities related to patient care administered by the nursing staff during his assigned shift.
5. Visits patient care units to ascertain condition of patients, evaluates staffing needs and provides support to care givers.
6. Communicates with the appropriate Nursing Management staff member [VP of Patient Services, Directors of Nursing and Nurse Managers] about any circumstances or situations which has or may have serious impact to patients, staff or hospital.
7. Makes decisions and appropriately notifies the Administrator on call in the absence of the Hospital Administrator and/or designee.
8. Maintains operational aspects of the hospital and patient care units in collaboration with nursing and hospital staff support services.
9. Contributes to nursing and the Hospital through support of philosophy and objectives, educational efforts, and research efforts. Carries out Hospital/nursing policies/procedures and standards.
10. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in clinical pediatrics is required.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree is nursing is required.
2. Certification: Currently licensed to practice nursing in the State of Ohio] is required. Current Health Care Provider BLS is required. PALS, NRP, ACLS or TNCC is preferred.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: