Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
20 Hours per Week
Four Hours per Day
The Akron Children's Hospital Viking Internship program will provide real world opportunities for students at Akron North High School within the healthcare field. Students completing the internship must be within the Akron Children's Hospital Academy of Health & Human Services.
They eight week experience will expose students to research, professional development, and real world work experience.
ACH Viking Internship Eligibility Requirements:
1. Be a student enrolled in the Akron Children's Hospital Academy of Health & Human Services
2. Must be entering their senior year
3. Submit a cover letter, resume, and recommendation letter
4. 3.0 GPA or above (student will be asked to submit a copy of their transcript)
5. Good school attendance
6. Interested in a healthcare career
7. Desire to be exposed to healthcare research
8. Desire to pursue educational opportunities beyond high school (certificate, associate's degree, bachelor's degree, etc.).
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: