Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Flexibility needed with schedule
The nurse manager is responsible for creating safe, healthy environments that support the work of the health care team and contribute to patient engagement. The role is influential in creating a professional environment and fostering a culture where interdisciplinary team members contribute to optimal patient outcomes and grow professionally. Nurse managers are nurse leaders with 24-hour accountability and responsibility for a direct care unit or units and provide the vital link between the administrative strategic plan and the point of care.
- Financial management related to the budget and revenue of unit
- Responsible for human resource management
- Performance improvement related to metrics, quality, patient safety, patient/staff engagement, regulatory and workplace safety requirements
- Responsible for technology as it relates to patient care and nursing practice
- Strategic leadership responsibilities include change management, collaboration, and shared decision making, in an effort to implement and align unit vision with organizational vision
- Human resource leadership skills including performance management, staff development, and staff retention strategies
- Relationship management and influencing behaviors including situation management, relationship management, influencing others, and promoting professional development
- Promotes diversity as it relates to staffing and patient care
- Personal and professional accountability
- Other duties as required
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required
- Strong leadership skills including communication/organizational skills, time management, coping skills, motivation, problem solving, autonomy, and supporting the team is required
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Budgeting and electronic timekeeping software is preferred
Education and Experience
- Education: Master’s degree is required, MSN is preferred
- Certification: Valid RN license and Basic Life Support are required
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum two years in pediatrics required; experience in an adult or pediatric ICU is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: Two years is preferred
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: