Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Rotating Weekends and Holidays
The Supervisor Environmental Services is responsible for assisting the shift coordinator in supervising the operational functions of the Environmental Services within a specific assigned area, maintaining the highest quality standards of cleaning and maintaining good public relations with all customers served.
1. Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
2. Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, and manages performance to company goals and expectations.
3. Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain expenditure controls.
4. Is responsible for assisting the shift coordinator in supervising the operational functions of the Environmental Services within a specific assigned area, maintaining the highest quality standards of cleaning and maintaining good public relations with all customers served.
5. Human Resources Management: Demonstrates the skills associated with efficient management of human resources.
6. General Management Responsibilities: Carries out the leadership and administrative responsibilities of management in an accurate, timely and results oriented manner.
7. Other duties as required.
1. Experience and knowledge of proper use of all chemicals and equipment used by the Environmental Services Department is required.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
3. Years of experience supervising: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: