Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Vice President of Revenue Cycle Management is responsible for the strategic oversight, optimization and day to day operation of the system-wide revenue cycle function for Akron Children’s Hospital. S/he will establish a metric driven approach to managing the department and reporting on performance. The Vice President will help design the future service model that will support the revenue cycle function for the system, while ensuring the collection of all revenue due Akron Children’s. S/he will develop a culture that is conducive to effective teamwork by recognizing both the internal and external customers and will embrace and model the organization’s values of patient centered care. Personal commitment will be demonstrated through open and clear communication, appropriate utilization of resources, recognition of opportunities for quality improvement, and the demonstration of a proactive approach to problem solving. Additionally, s/he will model personal compliance with organization policies.
- Directing the activities and systems related to those departments under the Revenue Cycle umbrella that include:
- Patient Financial Services for hospital and professional services
- Hospital/facility-based patient access
- Financial Counseling
- Revenue Integrity
- Professional Coding and Compliance
- Manage the day to day activities of a large team of revenue cycle professionals.
- Communicate a clear near-term and long-term plan for revenue cycle, including measurable improvements and ongoing maintenance of key performance indicators.
- Creation, maintenance and ongoing evolution of systems and processes necessary to create best practice metrics including A/R days, DNFB days, CFB days, aged A/R over 90 days, payer denial rates and write offs, point of service collections, bad debt, bad debt recoveries, self-pay yield, charge lag time, credit balance days and cost to collect.
- Collaborates with other areas of Finance including Payor Strategy/Managed Care, Reimbursement Services, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Accounting to support enterprise initiatives.
- Coordinates decentralize revenue cycle departments including Health Information Services, Information Services Revenue Cycle support, Centralized Scheduling, and other decentralized scheduling and patient access departments to insure revenue cycle alignment.
- Develop and maintain rapport with insurance payers and vendors; hold external entities to contracts and a high level of performance
- Serves as the external marketing face for revenue cycle and as such represents Akron Children’s Hospital in the appropriate and assigned venues such as OHA committees, legislative conferences, CHA meetings, Epic user groups and appropriate HFMA chapter events.
- Participates in management decisions, communicates support and participates in the implementation of policies, programs and changes.
- Maintains excellent relationships with management, physicians and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field.
- Ten years of progressive experience in healthcare revenue cycle management.
- Demonstrated competency and senior operational leadership experience in a large, complex organization with multiple locations and matrix accountabilities.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, keen judgment and planning skills; recognized commitment to and skill in working in and developing teams; demonstrated ability to achieve results and to develop people; sound fiscal judgment.
- Possesses superior communication skills both written and verbal. Has the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, physicians. Has the capacity to present in front of a large group and communicate to senior management and to Board of Directors.
- Proven record of accomplishment in developing and monitoring scorecards to manage revenue cycle operations.
- Ability to successfully perform within a metric driven healthcare delivery system.
- Possess the emotional intelligence to resolve stressful professional situations.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Healthcare, or related field.
- Children’s Hospital revenue cycle leadership experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Medicaid billing.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: