Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
16 Hours per Week
The Office Medical Assistant CHPA provides specific clinical care to designated patients.
1. Reports to the Practice Manager and under the clinical supervision and direction of a Physician provides specific clinical care to designated patients.
2. Takes and records vital signs and weight/height.
3. Performs hearing and vision screening evaluations.
4. Performs phlebotomy, and obtains nasopharyngeal and other specimens for testing.
5. Administers vaccines and medications, including antibiotics, as directed by the physician according to policy and procedure.
6. Maintains the clinical and exam areas.
7. Documents test results on medical record.
8. Answers basic health care questions via phone for parents using pre-approved guidelines.
9. Performs other assigned tasks to promote efficient Practice operation and contribute to the provision of quality patient care.
10. Assists with filing and appointment scheduling as needed and as time permits.
11. Other duties as required.
1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Certification: Certified Medical Assistant preferred or equivalent education, training, or experience including paramedics, EMT or military training is required. BLS certification is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: