Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Primary Shift 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM, some variability
40 Hours per Week
The Anesthesia Technician works under the supervision of the CRNA with the support of the O.R. Nurse Manager and Anesthesiologist.
1. Works under the supervision of the CRNA with the support of the O.R. Nurse Manager and Anesthesiologist.
2. Provides ancillary duties and assists with patient care as directed.
3. Assists Anesthesia staff by preparing supplies; calibrating and checking anesthesia equipment; and programming devices.
4. Operates Cell Saver and other specialized equipment.
5. Cleans and maintains designated areas and equipment.
6. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in clinical perioperative care is preferred.
2. Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent. An Associate Degree in a related field of study or one year clinical experience in the perioperative field preferred.
2. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
3. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: