Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager with practice management projects.
1. Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
2. Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, and manages performance to company goals and expectations.
3. Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain expenditure controls.
4. Maintains facilities, equipment, and furnishings in clean, high quality working order and makes arrangements for repair and maintenance.
5. Assures appropriate medical and office supply inventory for each practice and facilitates acquisition of equipment and supplies for the office.
6. Develops and maintains processes to support physicians and clinical staff (patient flow, information processing, chart retrieval and documentation, telecommunications, etc.).
7. Other duties as required
1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
4. Must have strong analytical skills with working knowledge of a computerized practice management system, CPT and ICD-9-CM coding, spreadsheet tools, and monitoring techniques.
5. Demonstrates excellent customer service, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent and five (5) years related experience OR Associates degree and a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience OR a Bachelor’s degree and 1 year experience required.
2. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: