Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Nurse Program Coordinator is responsible for assessment, coordination of care, discharge planning, nursing care delivery, evaluation, and documentation of care for pediatric patients and their families.
1. Assesses patient/families physical, emotional, spiritual, psychosocial and learning needs; communicates pertinent information to the team and other health care providers; assess and recognize changes in patient condition and family dynamics.
2. Determines the education needs of nursing personnel, multi-disciplinary team members and others; implements patient and family education in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team.
3. Provides leadership for the team in collaboration with the program medical director.
4. Other duties as required
1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education:Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Ohio. BSN required and MSN preferred.
2. Years of relevant experience: Minimum of three (3) years pediatric nursing experience required for pediatric focused employees. Minimum three (3) years adult nursing experience required for adult focused employees.
3. Years of experience supervising: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: