Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Mainly 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM
The Clinical Coordinator assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates delivery of patient care on assigned unit and shift.
1. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates delivery of patient care on assigned unit and shift.
2. Provides direction to the development and evaluation of assigned nursing personnel.
3. Maintains operational aspects of the patient care unit in collaboration with support services.
4. Assists patients, staff and the public in interpretation of policies, and procedures and unit goals.
5. Assists manager in oversight of unit performance improvement activities and participates in interdepartmental and Hospital performance improvement activities.
6. Other duties as required.
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age and developmental status is required.
2. Experience in nursing dependent on population served may be required.
3. Experience in prioritizing and managing tasks for timely completion is required.
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
5. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Epic software or similar EMR software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelors in Nursing [BSN] is required.
2. Certification: Registered Nurse licensure is required.
• Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American Heart Association is required.
• If assigned to general care units, PEARS is required.
• If assigned to critical care units, PALS, ACLS, TNCC, and/or NRP is required.
• If assigned to ED, Surgical Services, Sedation Services, Transitional Care/Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, and Transport, within 1 year of date of hire PALS, ACLS, TNCC, and/or NRP is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is required.
4. Years of experience supervising: None
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: