Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part time (28 hours per week), for Mahoning Valley Home Care
Provides direct and indirect nursing care to patients as assigned.
1. Ensures care delivered meets standards of care.
2. Implements MD orders, coordinates the patients plan of care with medical regime, therapy services and community resources to facilitate comprehensive ongoing care.
3. RN utilizes sound judgment in making independent nursing care decisions, utilizes the nursing process and is guided by knowledge of the principles and practice of professional nursing.
4. Skilled professionals must assume responsibility for, but not be restricted to the following: Ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient, Development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any) and caregivers, Providing services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care, Patient, caregiver, and family counseling and education, Preparing clinical notes, Communication with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care, Participation in the agency’s QAPI program, and Participation in agency-sponsored in-service training.
5. Works a required number of days/month for on-call visiting nurse to ensure adequate coverage for facility - FT/PT nurses will work minimum of 8 on-call shifts per month with 4 being weekend shifts, PRN nurses will work a minimum of 4 on-call shifts per month with 1 being a weekend shift.
Education and Experience
1. Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing,
2. Licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse in the State of Ohio.
3. Minimum one (1) year experience in Pediatrics or Home Care required.
4. BSN preferred.
5. For new employees hired into positions posted on or after July 1, 2013– BSN required or must obtain BSN within 5 years from date of hire.
6. Current CPR certification is required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: