Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part Time (20 hours per week)
The RN Home Visitor functions in a multifaceted role that demonstrates professionalism and promotes excellence in the practice of Nursing. The RN Home Visitor is responsible for maintaining high standards in clinical practice/continuum of care, professional practice development, teamwork, customer relations, and research/performance improvement in delivering case management and support services for a designated caseload of patients. The RN Home Visitor carry’s out the guidelines outlined in the Nurse-Family Partnership Program.
1. Home visits will be made with this caseload of pregnant/parenting women and their children under the program research protocols.
2. The RN Home Visitor will also interact with appropriate community agencies in accordance with guidelines.
3. The RN Home Visitor is accountable for compliance with the Ohio Nurse Practice Act and all applicable regulatory standards.
4. Policies, procedures and protocols of the Human Resources Department, Children’s Home Care Group and the contracting entitiy, and the Nurse-Family Partnership research project are followed.
5. The RN Home Visitor is accountable for compliance with all applicable regulatory standards, policies, procedures, and protocols of the Human Resources Department, Children’s Home Care Group and any funding sources for the work of the department.
6. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
7. Other duties as required.
1. Good communications and ease with adolescents.
2. Valid driver's license and an insured safe automobile.
Education and Experience
1. Education: BSN Required
2. Certification: Registered Nurse licensure is required. BLS certification is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: At least two years of recent experience in pediatrics or related experience required with children birth through 5 years.
4. Experience in adolescent psychology, OB, home care and community nursing preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: