Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
This is a part time (min 16 hour per week) dayturn position for Mahoning Valley Surgery.
The Staff Nurse provides to individuals and groups, nursing care requiring specialized knowledge judgment and skill derived from the principles of biological physical, behavioral, social and nursing sciences. Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs nursing care with a family centered care focus for individual/group of patients within scope of practice, as assigned.
1. Performs leadership and professional duties.
2. Performs patient-centered care duties.
3. Performs quality improvement and safety duties.
4. Performs evidence-based practice duties.
5. Performs informatics and technology duties.
6. Performs communication, collaboration, and teamwork duties.
7. Performs systems based practice duties.
8. Staff may be temporarily assigned to an area throughout the Akron Children’s Hospital enterprise, based on patient needs requiring similar knowledge and skill.
9. Other duties as required.
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age and developmental status is required.
2. Experience in nursing dependent on population served may be required.
3. Experience in prioritizing and managing tasks for timely completion is required.
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
5. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Epic software or similar EMR software is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor’s in Nursing [BSN] is required or must be obtained within 5 years of hire.
2. Certification: Licensed to practice professional nursing in the state of Ohio is required. Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American Heart Association is required. Additional certifications may be required based on the assigned department or unit.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: