Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Physician Office Secretary provides consistently courteous, friendly, and professional customer service.
1. Provides consistently courteous, friendly, and professional customer service.
2. Responsible for scheduling appointments, registering patients, verifying insurance coverage and eligibility, posting office and hospital charges, collecting and securing payments, performing end-of-day balancing and reconciliation, facilitating patient referrals and completing forms and documents.
3. Also responsible for office typing, retrieving and filing charts and chart documents, answering the phone, mail distribution and assisting and/or answering questions from parents/patients within specified guidelines.
4. Assists all personnel on the office team and provides cross-coverage for other secretaries within all CHPA offices as needed.
1. Exhibits a professional and courteous manner.
2. Ability to work under pressure and works well as part of a team.
Education and Experience
1. Must be a high school graduate and have demonstrated excellence in customer service, interpersonal, and telephone skills.
2. Medical office billing experience and training in medical terminology preferred.
3. Must have basic computer experience, filing ability, good keyboarding skills, and excellent organizational skills.
4. BLS certification will be required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: