Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Variable Day Shift
40 Hours per Week
The Patient Navigator assists patients to anticipate, identify, and overcome barriers within the health care system.
1. Assists patients to anticipate, identify, and overcome barriers within the health care system.
2. Understands patient diagnosis and coordinates their treatment plans.
3. Seeks assistance for appropriate social services and communicating with their treatment team, family, and significant others.
4. Document interactions and outcomes.
5. Consults with physicians, nursing staff, and social work regarding progress and concerns regarding patient and/or family.
6. Helps to modify and enhance the patient navigation process by incorporating the barriers identified in the community needs assessment.
7. Family relationship duties
8. Patient Navigator duties
9. Patient Experience Representative duties
10. Partnering with management
11. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in a medical office environment is required.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
3. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: