Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Assists in assessing, planning, and delivering care to patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse
1. Assists in patient/family education as well as teaching staff members within his/her own capabilities and under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
2. Performs other assigned tasks to promote efficient
3. Practice operation and contribute to the provision of quality patient care.
1. Must be able to work as part of a team and interact with people in a friendly, supportive manner at all times.
Education and Experience
1. Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Ohio.
2. Must also have completed one of the following certifications: Ohio Medication Card, OOPNES Card, NAPNES Card.
3. Must have or be able to obtain BLS certification.
4. Previous physician office experience and ability to perform phlebotomy preferred.
5. Basic computer operation required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: