Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Pharmacy Technician Infusion Center
· Delivers medication to nursing units
· Stocks medication in automated dispensing machines
· Fills inpatient medication orders by reviewing the medication label, obtaining the correct type and quantity of medication and placing the medication with the label for the pharmacist to check.
· Prepackages bulk medication into unit of use packages
· Prepares oral syringes of patient medication
· Refills patient medication carts with a 24 hour supply of medication
· Prepares intravenous medications (after training)
· Prepares chemotherapy medication (after training)
· Performs medication inspections and removes outdated medication from stock
· Answers the telephone and assists nurses with medication supply issues
· Transports medication to offsite locations using hospital vehicle
· Must be able to work primary shift and any other shift required
High School Diploma or equivalent. Registration as a Certified Pharmacy Technician or completion of a Pharmacy Technician Training program required. Significant prior hospital or retail pharmacy experience may be substituted in lieu of above but registration must be obtained within 90 days of employment. Ohio Board of Pharmacy “Certified Technician” or “Pharmacy Technician Trainee” required. Prior IV admixture experience highly desired. Must be proficient in the use of computers to input patient billing data.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: