Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Research Scientist- Palliative
The Research Scientist is responsible for planning, conducting, directing and receiving support for independent program of research. Independently oversee and assist with staff research projects within assigned center in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations, including FDA regulations, 510(k) guidelines, Code of Federal Regulations, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise scientific data collection and analyses for research project(s) requiring independent interpretation of complex research data.
- Works collaboratively with the Research Program Director, Scientific and Operations Director, study staff and the Considine Research Institute to advance research activities.
- Manages the execution of larger, more complex projects for the center.
- Contributes to research so as to merit serving as author or co-author on research publications, etc.
- Assist in development of study budgets by providing necessary information. Serves as a liaison and maintains open communication both within and between research centers, hospital departments and collaborating organizations.
- Provides oversight and supervision of research students, residents, fellows and other study staff in the conduct of research.
- Develops networks to facilitate the conduct of research.
- Performs other related teaching, research, and clinical duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in conducting research with an established track record of research funding, publication, and presentations is required.
- Experience in post-doctoral research is required.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
- Education: Doctoral degree in related field is required.
- Certification: Licensure to practice in the State of Ohio as appropriate.
- Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.