Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Senior Information Technology Security Engineer
Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 800,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Shift Information: Day Job
Monday - Friday
- Responsible for the implementation, execution and continuous improvement of the Information Security Program.
- Maintenance of information security policies, procedures and standards.
- Conducting risk analysis and risk management.
- Developing and coordinating application security reviews; vulnerability and incident management
- Evaluation, selection and implementation of information security tools.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR an Associate degree and 7 years of relevant experience required.
- Security Certification of CISSP, HCISSP, SSCP or similar is required.
- Must have working knowledge of HIPAA, HITECH, PCI, NIST and other frameworks.
- Knowledge of securing Information System technologies (network, server, desktop, firewall, IDS/IPS) required.
- A qualified individual for this position should be self-motivated and hardworking.
- The candidate must be able to prioritize work assignments and work on difficult tasks with minimal supervision.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: