Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Shift Information: Day Job
Greet patients upon arrival to the clinic and provide assistance entering building, finding the waiting area, and completing required forms if needed. Assist therapists with patient care and clerical duties as needed. Assist families in scheduling of follow up therapy appointments. Clean toys and equipment after each patient use, assist therapists in getting needed equipment and supplies, wipe treatment tables after use and return equipment to designated location. Complete monthly and quarterly equipment maintenance tasks for the rehab area. Attend meetings and educational activities/training activities at main campus in Akron as requested.
· High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree in relevant field preferred. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with medically fragile and/or disabled children preferred.
· Experience working with youth athletics a plus.
· Demonstrates aptitude for providing appropriate behavioral controls for these patients.
· Possess a willingness to learn necessary skills and knowledge and to strive for continuous improvement.
· Demonstrates working knowledge of PC and windows applications.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills and ability to interact with families with diverse backgrounds and education.
· Strong customer service skills required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: