Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate General Counsel I
The Associate General Counsel I is responsible for assisting the Vice President and General Counsel with the management of the legal, risk management and corporate compliance functions of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Is responsible for assisting the Vice President and General Counsel with the management of the legal, risk management and corporate compliance functions of the organization.
- Provides comprehensive legal services for Children’s Hospital and all of its affiliates, by conducting legal research, and writing and overseeing paralegal and research projects. Attending corporate legal staff meetings and handling administrative responsibilities as delegated by Vice President and General Counsel.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in healthcare and corporate law is required.
- Experience working in or with a not-for-profit healthcare organization, or healthcare providers, is preferred.
- Experience negotiating and documenting complex transactions including mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures is preferred.
- Experience with the practice of law related to real estate, malpractice defense, insurance, employee relations and finance is preferred.
- Experience with health care regulations and accreditation standards and procedures are preferred.
- Experience identifying legal risks in the context of the business objectives of a non-profit health care organization and develop innovative and practical solutions to address both is required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
- Education: Juris Doctor Degree is required.
- Certification: License to practice law is required; license to practice in the State of Ohio is preferred.
- Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf