Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Insurance Denials Representative
Shift Information: Day Job
Schedule: 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday Day Shift
- Responsible for the timely and accurate billing, follow-up and collection of patient accounts in order to reduce accounts receivable and increase cash flow utilizing automated software and on-line functionalities.
- Billing responsibilities include obtaining required data to submit a clean claim, satisfying pre-edit errors, correcting charges and researching billing delays for all responsible parties and third party payers.
- Follow-up responsibilities include working systematic and other assigned accounts, updating spreadsheets and work-lists, making written and telephone inquiries, resubmitting rejected or denied claims, resolving credit balance accounts and verifying correct payments/adjustments from all third party payers via telephone, electronic transactions and website interactions.
- Will access and maneuver across numerous payer websites, and other electronic systems/processes.
- Interacts with internal departments as well as external payers and third party vendors via written and verbal communication and electronic interchanges.
- Primary responsibilities assume the submission of a clean claim and securing complete and accurate payment in the shortest timeline possible.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of two (2) years prior experience in hospital billing and follow-up experience, including customer service and credit/collection experience.
- Must be familiar with UB-04/HCFA 1500 billing and knowledgeable of governmental, managed care and commercial payor regulations.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office 2003/2007 software and have typing skills at a minimum speed of 35 words per minute.
- Proficient use of copier, fax, scanner, e-mail, and internet website functionality.
- Strong communication, mathematical aptitude, critical thinking skills, and analytical skills are required.
- The ability to communicate verbally and to prepare written communications for patients, patient's families, physicians, third party payors, collection agencies, attorneys and other hospital staff as necessary.
- Ability to use a calculator, type and work on personal computer and other hospital on-line systems.
- Answer phone calls and address, resolve or redirect inquiries.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: