Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Patient Access Service Representative
Schedule: 16 hours/week, Every Weekend Saturday & Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Initial contact for all patient access admitting services: to include, but not limited to: pre-admission / admission data collection; inpatient admission / updating and ongoing maintenance of inpatient bed / patient census activity. Process medical records discharges and retrieve medical records, as applicable. Schedule all outpatient surgery tours.
Registers complete and accurate social, demographic and financial information to create the patient’s record in the system. Obtains the appropriate signatures on the necessary forms to treat the patient and to bill the insurance. Prepares forms and patient id cards. Confirms financial eligibility when applicable. Processes the patient record and financial folders. Maintains/controls on the cash flow of payments and daily deposits.
Cross-train in Admitting/ER in all aspects for coverage of areas.
- High school diploma.
- One to two years experience in registration, insurance verification/pre-certification, patient accounts and/or customer service functions, preferably in a medical setting, or a combination of education and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to pass typing test administered by hr of 30 wpm.
- Preferred medical terminology knowledge or documented certification of class completion.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office/window based applications.
- Ability to interact with individuals from any social, economic and cultural status.
- Ability to operate a pc, facsimile, and other related office equipment.
- Ability to effectively interact with patient/customers (i.e., neonates/newborns, children, adolescents, young adults, middle-aged adults and geriatric adults as applicable) with the understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize in an ever-changing environment without sacrificing quality/customer service, delivery or cost efficiency.
- Ability to work with others or independently on routine tasks, to follow written and oral instructions, referring special problems or unusual situations to the appropriate supervisor.
- Ability to provide and promote professional, efficient and congenial customer service through all communication and interaction with patients.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: