Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Registered Nurse, Nurse Family Partnership Home Visitor
The RN Home Visitor functions in a multifaceted role that demonstrates professionalism and promotes excellence in the practice of Nursing. The RN Home Visitor is responsible for maintaining high standards in clinical practice/continuum of care, professional practice development, teamwork, customer relations, and research/performance improvement in delivering case management and support services for a designated caseload of patients. The RN Home Visitor carry’s out the guidelines outlined in the Nurse-Family Partnership Program.
This is a grant-funded position for one year with evaluation for continuance after one year.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Home visits for Mahoning County will be made with this caseload of pregnant/parenting women and their children under the program research protocols.
- The RN Home Visitor will also interact with appropriate community agencies in accordance with guidelines.
- The RN Home Visitor is accountable for compliance with the Ohio Nurse Practice Act and all applicable regulatory standards.
- Policies, procedures and protocols of the Human Resources Department, Children’s Home Care Group and the contracting entitiy, and the Nurse-Family Partnership research project are followed.
- The RN Home Visitor is accountable for compliance with all applicable regulatory standards, policies, procedures, and protocols of the Human Resources Department, Children’s Home Care Group and any funding sources for the work of the department.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
- Good communications and ease with adolescents.
- Valid driver's license and an insured safe automobile.
Education and Experience
- BSN Required
- Registered Nurse Ohio licensure is required. BLS certification is required.
- At least two years of recent experience in pediatrics or related experience required with children birth through 5 years.
Experience in adolescent psychology, OB, pediatric home care and community nursing preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: