Akron Children's Hospital Careers
This is a part time (16 hours per week) variable shift (primarily midnight) position including a weekend and holiday rotation. Must be able to work any shift as staffing requires.
· Duties include delivery of all medications to all points in the hospital.
· Fills inpatient medication orders by obtaining the correct type and quantity of medication, and placing the medications with the corresponding computer label, for the pharmacist to check.
· Determines correct quantity of medication to be dispensed using ratios, fractions, proportions, percentages, and decimals.
· Prepackages unit dose medication from bulk supplies. Maintains and files all copies of dispensing records
· Refills all patient medication carts with a 24 hour supply of medication.
· Utilizes computer to prepare labels for medications.
· After being checked by a pharmacist, delivers medication carts to the medication rooms/nursing stations. Stocks automated dispensing machines with medications.
· After proper training, and under the supervision of the pharmacist, assists in the preparation of intravenous medications.
High school graduate. Must have a current Ohio Pharmacy Technician license and a national pharmacy technician certification (e.g. PTCB). Prior IV admixture experience highly desired. Must be proficient in the use of computers to input patient billing data. Must also be able to work any shift; days, afternoons, nights as staffing requires.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: