Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Patient Transport Communication Specialist (Paramedic) - Part Time
- Coordinates inter & intra-facility transports and patient referrals to the Akron Children's Hospitals enterprise under written protocols.
- Operates various communication equipment, maintains required documentation related to patient referrals, and follow up to the referring institution/service.
- Participates in performance improvement/quality assurance.
- Participates in disaster management plan implementation.
Part Time Hourly – (2) 12 hour shifts, Variable times.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Currently certified as a Paramedic in the State of Ohio.
- Minimum of one (1) year of working experience as a Paramedic.
- Current Health Care Provider BLS training.
- Must be an articulate communicator, with strong interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with state and local EMS regulations and organizational polices regarding disaster management.
- Experience with computer data entry required.
- Proficient with telephone, paging, and radio systems.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: