Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Director Total Rewards
DIRECTOR, TOTAL REWARDS
The Director Total Rewards directs the planning, design, implementation, and administration of compensation, benefits, wellness, and employee health functions of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
- Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, develops, and manages performance to company goals and expectations.
- Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain expenditure controls.
- Oversees the review and effectiveness of company compensation and benefit practices, programs, policies, and guidelines.
- Oversees the review and effectiveness of company wellness and employee health practices, programs, policies, and guidelines.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of a market comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, life insurance, retirement, wellness, and other ancillary benefits and initiatives.
- Researches and analyzes trends affecting pay and benefits to assess how the organization can improve its practices.
- Utilizes market trends to develop creative total compensation programs resulting in the engagement of hospital employees.
- Other duties as required.
Experience in developing and administering total rewards programs is required.
Experience in applicable State and Federal employment laws is required.
Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
Experience in most HR core functions such as recruitment, total rewards, compliance, etc. is preferred.
Experience in HR management is required.
Experience in healthcare is preferred.
Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. HRIS is preferred.
Education and Experience
Education: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field is required.
Certification: HR Certification [PHR, SHRM-CP, CEBS, CCP, etc.] is preferred.
Years of relevant experience: 7 to 10 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift, walk, stand, sit, bend, reach with hands and arms, climb, push/pull, use hands, and see, hear and speak.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This position is performed in an office setting, five days a week with typical work hours being 8.00a through 5.00p.