Akron Children's Hospital Careers
- Design, manage, and monitor the AIX/Unix/Linux environments.
- Provide database administration for Oracle and DB2 systems.
- Responsible for planning, designing, administration and support of the storage infrastructure technologies.
- Works directly with management and users to analyze and specify technology opportunities and make system recommendations.
- Schedules, plans, and recommends hospital wide deployments based on industry best practices.
- Prepares and plans for disaster recovery, storage capacity, and provides performance analysis.
- Mentors and coaches other engineers in the development and support of the storage environment.
- Ensures a high level of security, storage availability, and reliability of storage infrastructure.
- Prepares project plans, provides estimates for project tasks and assists with prioritization in relation to capacity planning, performance analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of relevant experience OR an Associate’s Degree and 4 years of relevant experience OR a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 6 years of relevant experience required.
- Solid working experience designing, building, configuring, and supporting a large storage environment.
- Basic knowledge of AIX/Unix/Linux, Oracle, server systems, storage arrays, fabric configurations, SAN, NAS, iSCSI, and Fibre Channel environments is required.
- Knowledge of SAN connectivity, shell scripting, LPAR, HACMP, and virtualization options is required.
- Experience working with networking protocols, clustering, replication, encryption, tape/disk drives, and backup and restore technologies from NetApp, Symantec, EMC, IBM TSM, and DataDomain vendors.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational, analytical, problem solving, and time management skills required.
- Requires self-motivation, ability to prioritize work assignments and to work with minimal supervision.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: