Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Sr. Scheduling Coordinator (Call Center)
40 hours/week, Day Shift. Shift will range from 7:00 a.m. -6:00 p.m.
In this essential role the scope of responsibilities consist of coordinating services between our clients' needs and staff availability, track client and staff schedule changes and updating the computer system. A Sr. Scheduling Coordinator possesses all the skills of a Scheduling Coordinator and functions in its capacity 75-80% of the time. (May vary based on needs) A Sr. Coordinator, you will be the navigator to assist teams in understanding productivity requirements and assist with on-the-spot questions. This position requires heavy telephone work, customer interface, the ability to juggle multiple priorities and work independently in a fast paced environment. As a team member, you will work to provide the best care and services possible to our clients and respond to client and/or staff issues promptly to ensure issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and is a part of change initiatives.
- Is a subject matter expert, providing additional support and back up assistance as deemed necessary.
- Mentors new employees and takes on special projects as needed.
- Enter and validate medical, demographic, insurance, financial, and business data in a timely and courteous manner in appropriate systems to ensure master patient index integrity and creation of an accurate appointment/encounter and claim.
- Identify and communicate the need for interpreter services and handle a wide variety of patient inquiries regarding physicians, services and logistics to ensure access to care with maximum throughput and minimal delay.
- Recruits and trains patients to access My Chart personal health record
- Exceeds achievement of productivity and quality standards as stipulated by departmental goals.
- Is the subject matter expert, providing assistance with the use of computer systems, insurance/government regulations and CHMCA policies/procedures used within the department.
- Is exemplary in working collaboratively and promoting call center success.
- Assists departmental leadership with special projects, data collection and tabulation of department reports. Maintains a clean and organized work area. Will be cross-trained to perform other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as required.
- Demonstrated ability to use PCs (and toggle between multiple applications), MS Office, and general office equipment (i.e. printers, scanners, copy machine, multi-line phone, FAX machine, etc.) required.
- Excellent keyboarding/data entry skills required.
- Organizational skills, with attention to detail required
- Notable client service, communication and relationship building skills required.
- Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent spelling.
- Professional demeanor required.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in patient registration, scheduling, banking, office, or related medical field using computers required.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and patient scheduling experience required.
- A bachelor’s degree will be accepted in lieu of 1 year of work experience.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Degree or progress towards degree preferred.
- Medical Terminology preferred.
- Up-to-date CHAA - (CHAA is a National Association of Healthcare Access certification for Healthcare Access Associates) or related medical certification preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: