Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Guest Attendant, Reinberger Center
Schedule: 1 day a week, various days, 12:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
The Reinberger Family Center Attendant receives families into the Center with a warm greeting and communicates with them about its use as well as provides them with information about Hospital resources and the local community. Answers and responds to 3INFO line calls.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Receives families into the RFC with a warm greeting and communicates with them about its use as well as provides them with information about Hospital resources and the local community; creates a welcoming, relaxing atmosphere for guests.
2. Registers authorized families into the respite area and ensures all paperwork is complete for overnight guests and visitors.
3. Provides concierge services to help make the stay of patients and their families as comfortable as possible.
4. Answers visitor questions and relays accurate information on 3Info line.
5. Assists Supervisor with department activities and its volunteers.
6. Other duties as required.
- Experience in customer service is required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. [COMPANY-, FUNCTION-SPECIFIC] software is required/preferred.
Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma is required.
- Certification: None.
- Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
Years of experience supervising: None.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift, walk, stand, sit, bend, reach with hands and arms, climb, push/pull, use hands, and see, hear and speak.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: