Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Telehealth Program Manager
Shift Information: Day Job
The Telehealth Program Manager directly supports the strategic initiatives and operations of the organization by facilitating the development and growth of telehealth activities. Manager routinely interacts with physicians, staff, community members and healthcare professionals in the process of planning, providing, promoting and supporting the Akron Children’s Hospital telehealth programs and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
- Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, and manages performance to company goals and expectations.
- Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain expenditure controls.
- Directly supports the strategic initiatives and operations of the organization by facilitating the development and growth of telehealth activities.
- Coordinates tasks associated with all phases of telehealth implementation and program management.
- Responsible for development of project implementation plans, identification and tracking of performance metrics, coordination of training of internal and external partner staff regarding the use of telehealth technology, and collection of data for evaluation.
- Ensures that telemedicine best practices are identified and replicated across all service areas.
- Provides oversight for telehealth-related legal/regulatory compliance and monitors payer guidelines regarding reimbursement of services and participates in advocacy efforts for the advancement of telehealth.
- Develops, implements and monitors a Telehealth marketing plan
- Serves as a liaison to a variety of constituents: hospital outreach programs to integrate services that support their needs; internal hospital departments, physicians and physician practices to identify, develop and promote services and programs; member community relations and marketing departments to promote activities and programs; members, partners, and potential members.
- Develops educational program services and implements the regular, consistent delivery of these programs to members including, but not limited to, developing and disseminating information regarding programming internal and external events and coordinating the design, printing and publication of all promotional materials for Telehealth programs.
- Assist the Chief Information Officer and Chief Medical Informatics Officer with the promotion of telemedicine services. Assists with the web page and content development of the networks web site.
- Perform regular survey of telehealth experience by providers and consumers so as to measure progress and take corrective actions as needed. Report the survey results on an annual basis to the Akron telehealth steering committee.
- Manage all Telehealth staff
- Other duties as required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Experience with Epic software is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, or related field is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Certification: RN degree preferred or related clinical field.
- Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: