Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Regional Facilities Maintenance Technician
Schedule: 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
The Regional Facilities Maintenance Technician provides our Regional Facilities (on and off-campus) with preventative, re-active and emergency maintenance on a routine basis. The Regional Facilities Maintenance Technician ensures that all facilities are maintained in a safe and effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adds value as a key member of the facilities maintenance team; understands regulatory compliance, all forms of maintenance strategies and the key components of excellent customer service.
- Works in constant coordination with the site managers as well as the on-site hospital Facilities Maintenance team to provide service to our customers at both on and off-site locations.
- Completes and appropriately documents all work assigned to Regional Facilities Maintenance crew.
- Provides support to the Regional Facilities Maintenance Manager, Safety Team and the Facilities Director.
- Provides backup coverage to other Regional Facilities Maintenance Technicians as needed or required.
- Provides staff and management updates when needed.
- Communicates Engineering/Maintenance issues to both internal and external hospital departments and contacts.
- Assists in the review, oversite and execution of projects to be performed by Regional Facilities Maintenance Technicians and/or outside vendors.
- Works in coordination with the Planning, Design and Construction Staff and external contractors within individual off-site departments on an as-needed basis.
- Performs preventive and breakdown maintenance.
- Performs assigned Environment of Care inspections and routine regulatory physical checks such as exit/emergency light inspections, fire extinguishers inspections and generator runs as required.
- Follows and enforces Joint Commission and CMS regulations.
- Available for emergency on-call maintenance when needed.
- Local daily travel required.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in building maintenance is required.
- Experience with electric, plumbing, HVAC, and refrigeration is required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Experience with building codes, NFPA, and life safety regulations is preferred.
- Experience in Joint Commission and CMS regulatory bodies is preferred.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Strong communication, both verbal and written, is required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Strong ability to work both independently and as a valued team member is required.
- Ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams are required.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint] or similar software is required. High level of proficiency with CMMS and Building Automation software required.
Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required; is required.
- Certification: Universal Refrigeration license preferred.
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum of 2 years is required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: