Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Regional Facilities Maintenance Technician
Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 800,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as we would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Shift Information: Day Job
Schedule: 40 hours/week, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. including rotating weekends. Holidays and after hours as needed for emergency repairs.
The Regional Facilities Maintenance Technician provides our Regional Facilities (on and off-campus) with preventative, re-active and emergency maintenance on a routine basis. The Regional Facilities Maintenance Technician ensures that all facilities are maintained in a safe and effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adds value as a key member of the facilities maintenance team; understands regulatory compliance, all forms of maintenance strategies and the key components of excellent customer service.
- Works in constant coordination with the site managers as well as the on-site hospital Facilities Maintenance team to provide service to our customers at both on and off-site locations.
- Completes and appropriately documents all work assigned to Regional Facilities Maintenance crew.
- Provides support to the Regional Facilities Maintenance Manager, Safety Team and the Facilities Director.
- Provides backup coverage to other Regional Facilities Maintenance Technicians as needed or required.
- Provides staff and management updates when needed.
- Communicates Engineering/Maintenance issues to both internal and external hospital departments and contacts.
- Assists in the review, oversite and execution of projects to be performed by Regional Facilities Maintenance Technicians and/or outside vendors.
- Works in coordination with the Planning, Design and Construction Staff and external contractors within individual off-site departments on an as-needed basis.
- Performs preventive and breakdown maintenance.
- Performs assigned Environment of Care inspections and routine regulatory physical checks such as exit/emergency light inspections, fire extinguishers inspections and generator runs as required.
- Follows and enforces Joint Commission and CMS regulations.
- Available for emergency on-call maintenance when needed.
- Local daily travel required.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in building maintenance is required.
- Experience with electric, plumbing, HVAC, and refrigeration is required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Experience with building codes, NFPA, and life safety regulations is preferred.
- Experience in Joint Commission and CMS regulatory bodies is preferred.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Strong communication, both verbal and written, is required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Strong ability to work both independently and as a valued team member is required.
- Ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams are required.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint] or similar software is required. High level of proficiency with CMMS and Building Automation software required.
Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required; is required.
- Certification: Universal Refrigeration license preferred.
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum of 2 years is required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: