Akron Children's Hospital Careers
40 hours/week, Monday-Friday day
- Responsible for the timely and accurate billing, follow-up and collection of patient accounts in order to reduce accounts receivable and increase cash flow utilizing automated software and on-line functionalities.
- Billing responsibilities include obtaining required data to submit a clean claim, satisfying pre-edit errors, correcting charges and researching billing delays for all responsible parties and third party payers.
- Follow-up responsibilities include working systematic and other assigned accounts, updating spreadsheets and work-lists, making written and telephone inquiries, resubmitting rejected or denied claims, resolving credit balance accounts and verifying correct payments/adjustments from all third party payers via telephone, electronic transactions and website interactions.
- Will access and maneuver across numerous payer websites, and other electronic systems/processes.
- Interacts with internal departments as well as external payers and third party vendors via written and verbal communication and electronic interchanges.
- Primary responsibilities assume the submission of a clean claim and securing complete and accurate payment in the shortest timeline possible.
- High school graduate.
- Minimum of two (2) years prior experience in hospital billing and follow-up experience, including customer service and credit/collection experience.
- Must be familiar with UB-04/HCFA 1500 billing and knowledgeable of governmental, managed care and commercial payor regulations.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office 2003/2007 software and have typing skills at a minimum speed of 35 words per minute.
- Proficient use of copier, fax, scanner, e-mail, and internet website functionality.
- Strong communication, mathematical aptitude, critical thinking skills, and analytical skills are required.
- The ability to communicate verbally and to prepare written communications for patients, patient's families, physicians, third party payors, collection agencies, attorneys and other hospital staff as necessary.
- Ability to use a calculator, type and work on personal computer and other hospital on-line systems.
- Answer phone calls and address, resolve or redirect inquiries.