Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Manager, Volunteer & Visitor Services
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- To coordinate and supervise Visitor Monitor personnel and activities to ensure a professional, positive welcoming experience at all critical points. Responsible for implementing onboarding and training plan, managing hours of operations, and serving as a mentor to support performance management. Inform Director of the condition of the hospital information desks and address needs or concerns.
- To serve as a liaison to the Director of Volunteer Services by providing support towards daily operations of the department, its employees, and volunteers (including all hospital locations).
- To assist Director with development and implementation of goals and objectives for Volunteer Services which reflects the mission of the organization.
- To establish relationships with internal and external stakeholders that will increase hospital programing initiatives (e.g. youth development programs, Christmas program, Holiday Tree Festival, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Education, Organizational Development, non-profit management or a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with volunteers, education and program development, and/or organizational development.
- Previous program management and supervisory experience preferred. Ability to supervise Visitor Monitors effectively according to hospital policy and procedures, as well as, practice and exhibit positive Patient Experience concepts.
- Must have strong communication, public speaking and interpersonal skills. Effective decision-making skills and ability to work independently. Critical thinking, problem solving and conceptual skills are necessary elements for effective job performance.
- Computer skills required, inclusive of Microsoft Office products, e-mail and the ability to reach proficiency with the volunteer database system in use.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: