Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 800,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as we would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Shift Information: Day Job
Full-Time Days. Monday-Friday
The SharePoint Architect provides day-to-day administration of SharePoint portal.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides day-to-day administration of SharePoint sites
- Monitors server health and event logs / ULS logs for any critical errors and performance issues
- Analyzes users’ requirements, and designs and creates appropriate sites
- Performs administration activities using PowerShell scripting
- Implements server backup/recovery process and validation
- Implements service packs and cumulative updates of SharePoint server
- Performs site and data migration tasks between cross farms, sites, & site objects.
- Supports service applications, create web applications, and site collections
- Configures AAM (Alternate Access Mapping) and farm features / solutions
- Trains staff, creates documentation, provides usage reports and recommends best practices
- Creates custom permission levels and groups for managing user permissions
- Optimizes and configures SharePoint jobs and services
- Participates in disaster recovery tests
- Implement features and designs solutions accordingly
- Provides a high quality, professional solution for every request
- Experience in systems design and analysis is required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. SharePoint portal or similar platform is required.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Associate’s degree in Information Systems or related field is required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Certification: None.
- Years of relevant experience: 3 years required
- Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: