Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Call Center Trainer
Shift Information: Day Job
Full time, Monday-Friday Days
Passionate and experienced educator dedicated to the teaching, development and retention of new and existing employees in the Appointment Center.
Responsibilities include onboarding of new hires, initial training, residual and advanced skill training.
The trainer is also responsible for retraining and cross-training of existing staff onto new programs.
This work includes competency development and providing oversight for preceptors in the Appointment Center and ensuring ongoing competency of staff.
Responsible for supporting operational process improvements in scheduling, financial clearance, financial counseling, and registration by performing focused analysis of reports and providing feedback and problem solving education to address findings.
Promotes and supports Akron Children's philosophies and positive patient experience in all endeavors.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Communicates verbally and in writing about the quality of work performed by individual employees.
2. Reviews and maintains results, documents trends, and interprets performance data to recommend, develop, and deliver classroom and individual education and training programs at all locations.
3. Oversees the development and maintenance of all lines of scheduling / registration / insurance verification / referral management / Akron Children's leadership training curriculums.
4. Utilize monitoring systems to effectively evaluate and impact performance.
5. Adjusts training to meet individual learning styles and needs.
6. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
7. Works closely with IT and Telecom technical support staff to maintain Subject Matter Expertise (SME) status on all related systems / applications / databases / phone & recording software.
8. Demonstrates expert job knowledge and applies current billing and regulatory, policies, and procedures along with effective decision-making and problem solving skills to ensure clean claim production.
9. Demonstrates excellent customer service.
10. Contributes to a positive departmental image by exhibiting professionalism, adaptability, teamwork, and mutual respect.
11. Contributes to Access Services continuous improvement using Six Sigma and Lean principles.
12. Will be cross-trained to perform other duties as assigned.
13. Other duties as required.
- Excellent computer skills with proficient use of Excel (i.e. sorting, pivot tables, graphs, etc.) and other reporting/analytical tools including Visio, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Word to create engaging presentations, work aids, process maps and electronic data.
- Ability to extract data from various software systems.
- Ability to independently take on large projects
- Possesses exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be competent in the use of PCs, phones, software applications, and office equipment (i.e. printers, copy machine, multi-line phone, FAX machine, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deploy complex computer/application adult learning/training curriculum.
- Requires keen analytical thinking, excellent verbal and written communication, and change management skills.
- Lean / Six Sigma preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Minimum 4 years of teaching or call center training experience required with quality assurance/audit experience required.
1 year of experience may be substituted with bachelor’s degree.
Energy and enthusiasm.
Superior organization and time management skills.
Flexible scheduling to cover morning, evening, and weekend shift requirements.
Current CHAM/CHAA (National Association of Healthcare Access Management certification for Healthcare Access Associates and Managers) or related medical certification preferred.
Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift, walk, stand, sit, bend, reach with hands and arms, climb, push/pull, use hands, and see, hear and speak.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting, with average work hours being 40 hours per week. For most offices, the work week is Mon-Friday; however, exceptions will be followed upon the needs/expansion of the call center.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: