Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Scheduling Coordinator (call center)
Shift Information: Day Job
40 hour/week, Day Shift
In this essential role the scope of responsibilities consist of coordinating services between our clients' needs and staff availability, track client and staff schedule changes and updating the computer system. A Coordinator possesses the ability to handle complex appointment requests in all necessary applications. This position requires heavy telephone work, customer interface, the ability to juggle multiple priorities and work independently in a fast paced environment. As a team member, you will work to provide the best care and services possible to our clients and respond to client and/or staff issues promptly to ensure issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Is a subject matter expert, providing additional support and back up assistance as deemed necessary.
2. Is accessible and able to mentor new team members.
3. Enter and validate medical, demographic, insurance, financial, and business data in a timely and courteous manner in appropriate systems to ensure master patient index integrity and creation of an accurate appointment/encounter and claim.
4. Identify and communicate the need for interpreter services and handle a wide variety of patient inquiries regarding physicians, services and logistics to ensure access to care with maximum throughput and minimal delay.
5. Recruits and trains patients to access My Chart personal health record
6. Exceeds achievement of productivity and quality standards as stipulated by departmental goals.
7. Is the subject matter expert, providing assistance with the use of computer systems, insurance/government regulations and CHMCA policies/procedures used within the department.
8. Promotes collaboration and call center success.
9. Functions as an integrated team member and works collaboratively with other staff and providers across the system to improve patient experience and department efficiency.
10. Maintains a clean and organized work area. Will be cross-trained to perform other duties as assigned.
11. Other duties as required.
1. Demonstrated ability to use PCs (and toggle between multiple applications), MS Office, and general office equipment (i.e. printers, scanners, copy machine, multi-line phone, FAX machine, etc.) required.
2. Excellent keyboarding/data entry skills required.
3. Organizational skills, with attention to detail required
4. Notable client service, communication and relationship building skills required.
5. Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required.
6. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent spelling. Professional demeanor required.
7. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Minimum 2 years of experience in patient registration, scheduling, banking, office, or related medical field using computers required.
2. Basic knowledge of medical terminology and patient scheduling experience required. Proven knowledge of third party payer and managed care insurance requirements required.
3. High School diploma or GED required.
4. Degree or progress towards degree preferred.
5. Medical Terminology preferred.
6. Up-to-date CHAA - (CHAA is a National Association of Healthcare Access certification for Healthcare Access Associates) or related medical certification preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: