Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 800,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as we would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Shift Information: Day Job
Exciting new opportunity to efficiently execute Quality Initiative projects!
- Leads multiple Quality projects with complex objectives and activities.
- Leads estimation of budget or effort if required, and works with other leaders to collect and incorporate their budget or effort estimates
- Determines resource requirements (including staffing, software, hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project specifications.
- Plans and scopes all project phases and components ensuring projects are on schedule and within scope.
- Works with project teams to define testing plans and to help organize testing phases and cycles if testing is required.
- Creates contingency plans with appropriate input from key team members and sponsors and implements a revised project schedule, scope or budget in a timely manner.
- Monitors assigned projects and provides summary status reports to management
- Utilizes project management software and tools.
- Bachelor degree in Information Services or bachelor degree in related field required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience is preferred.
- Project Management Institute (PMP) certification required.
- Thorough knowledge of project management methodology and tools.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Strong planning, organization, analysis, critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills required with an emphasis on attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience managing large and/or multiple projects required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to lead and influence project teams.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Due to the need for face-to-face meetings, the ability to physically move between campus buildings expeditiously to attend project and business meetings and to work with clients in any area of the campus is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: