Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Coordinator
Shift Information: Day Job
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
The Facilities Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Coordinator is responsible for the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in its entirety and ensures that all asset data and associated maintenance, preventative and predictive maintenance records are updated and maintained at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adds value as a key member of the facilities maintenance team; understands regulatory compliance, all forms of maintenance strategies and the key components of excellent customer service.
- Responsible for the CMMS initial data build of all site locations, buildings, rooms, assets, etc.
- Responsible for the application and user setup of the CMMS software, work order, work planning and spare part functionality of the software.
- Responsible for the system setup and configuration, including permission levels and system standards.
- Responsible for timely and accurate update of all CMMS data/assets based on operational changes and modifications.
- Creates, enters and assigns all asset preventative maintenance schedules, work orders and projects and provides timely and accurate updates as needed.
- Responsible for working in coordination with the vendor and Information Technology (IT) departments for all software upgrades, changes and modifications.
- Provides data to the Facilities Management team in order to drive overall workload, staffing, training and performance to meet and exceed company goals and expectations and determined Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Works in constant coordination with the entire Facilities Maintenance team as well as the Regional Facilities Maintenance team (on and off-campus) to provide service to our customers at both on and off-site locations.
- Work to support department budget to maintain expenditure controls through CMMS equipment data and reporting.
- Assists in the assignment of all work to the Facilities Maintenance crews based on staffing and equipment data.
- Responsible for staff and user CMMS training.
- Completes and appropriately documents all work assigned to Facilities Maintenance crew and manages work completion and success metrics.
- Ensures all documentation is maintained in line with all departmental and regulatory standards.
- Provides daily, weekly, monthly and yearly tracking reports for management.
- Assists in Environment of Care inspections and routine regulatory physical checks such as exit/emergency light inspections, fire extinguishers inspections and generator runs as required and/ as assigned.
- Participates in on-going training and education as required and assigned.
- Follows and enforces Joint Commission and CMS regulations.
- Available for emergency on-call technical support when needed.
- Other duties as required.
- In depth experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems is required. Maintenance Connection, Maximo or similar technical data management software preferred.
- In depth experience with commercial facilities/maintenance is preferred.
- Experience with building codes, NFPA, NEC and life safety regulations is preferred.
- Experience in Joint Commission and CMS regulatory bodies is preferred.
- Experience in healthcare facilities is preferred.
- Strong communication, both verbal and written, is required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Strong ability to work both independently and as a valued team member is required.
- Ability to read blueprints is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or similar software is required.
- High level of proficiency with CMMS systems is required (i.e. Maintenance Connection, Maximo, Accruent, Infor).
Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required; Associated Degree in Engineering or IT related field preferred.
- Years of relevant CMMS experience: Minimum of 3 to 5 years is preferred.
- Years of relevant Facilities experience: Minimum of 1 to 3 years preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: