Akron Children's Hospital Careers
School Health Medical Assistant - Copley-Fairlawn Schools (Fort Island Primary)
Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 800,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Shift Information: Day Job
10:00a-2:45p, Mon - Fri
- Provides school health services as directed by the School Registered Nurse Supervisor to the student population serviced.
- Assists and supports the School Registered Nurse Supervisor with special needs of students in the school setting, including:
- Administers medication
- Provides first aid
- Performs documentation and student record keeping activities
- Maintains correspondence with parents/guardians, school officials, and allied professionals.
Eligible for Benefits
Candidates may qualify for an end of the school year attendance bonus of $500.00
Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Medical Assisting or equivalent specialized training, including EMT/Paramedic.
Medical Assistant certification preferred.
Must be able to work as part of a team and interact with people in a professional, friendly, supportive manner at all time.
Excellent customer service skills.
Must have the ability to deal with a variety of situations and personalities.
Heartsaver AED or BLS certification required.
Experience in school setting preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: