Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Shift Information: Day Job
Monday-Friday Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides planning, design and construction support for building renovations and other facilities enhancement projects.
- Provide oversight of design process utilizing new and innovative methods for improving project delivery in a pediatric and research setting.
- Communicates pertinent information and project milestones back to the organization as needed to support planning, design and construction related projects.
- Leadership in strategic planning to support organizational growth and/or consolidation objectives.
- Facilitate the selection of architectural, engineering, structural, and other specialty consultants required to execute the design of healthcare projects.
- Participates with building committees, technical and operations groups, and staff members during the planning, design and construction phase of each project.
- Provides guidance to staff to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, regulations, and hospital standards.
- Develops and communicates annual architectural planning forecasts to appropriate level of management.
- Completes architectural design and code reviews for projects.
- Is responsible for monitoring budget and schedule.
- Leads the development of real-time space inventory and management including development of space standards and templates for space planning and allocation. Co-Chair of the Space Planning Committee and responsible for overall space management across the organization.
- Facilitate the selection process for construction managers, general contractors, and other contractors for which the hospital chooses to negotiate or competitively bid.
- Other duties as required.
Education: Professional degree in Architecture or related field is required.
Certification: AIA state registration is preferred.
Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
Experience in architectural, engineering and construction technology, theory, practices, and principles are required.
Ability to garner user input from, facilities staff, families, care givers, and researchers in a close collaborative environment.
Demonstrated skills in building positive relationships with senior leaders, managers and employees, and community leaders and members.
Ability to interpret, implement and develop policies and procedures
Ability to analyze and evaluate data and other qualitative inputs to establish capital and operating budgets.
Demonstrates confidentiality, excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem solving and sound decision making.
Experience evaluating customer needs and developing alternative planning solutions for establishing design direction is required.
Experience with building codes, environmental and life safety regulations are required.
Ability to interpret, implement and develop policies and procedures.
Experience in healthcare is preferred.
Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam experience is required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: