Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Mental Health Therapist Akron/Brecksville
Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 800,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Shift Information: Day Job
Monday-Friday / 8:00am-5:00pm
Full Time, Day Shift
Outpatient: Akron & Brecksville
- Applies graduate-level clinical counseling skills, interventions, and social work to the psychosocial assessment of individuals adolescents, families, and groups as appropriate to client needs in the context of the department
- Ensures rules of the milieu are followed and safety is maintained by the clients
- Provides case management for assigned cases to promote collaboration with community and hospital services
- Seeks appropriate supervision based on clinical licensure requirements and as needed for practice and training
Licensed Professional Counselor with Clinical Endorsement (PCC),
OR Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW)
Master's Degree required
Minimum of one year experience required, OR completion of Mental Health Therapy internship at Akron Children's Hospital division of Pediatric Psychiatry
Past clinical experience in a setting with adolescents, families, and groups preferred
Strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills required
Computer skills are required
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: