Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 800,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as we would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Shift Information: Day Job
Greet patients upon arrival to the clinic and provide assistance entering building, finding the waiting area, and completing required forms if needed. Assist therapists with patient care and clerical duties as needed. Assist families in scheduling of follow up therapy appointments. Clean toys and equipment after each patient use, assist therapists in getting needed equipment and supplies, wipe treatment tables after use and return equipment to designated location. Complete monthly and quarterly equipment maintenance tasks for the rehab area. Attend meetings and educational activities/training activities at main campus in Akron as requested.
· High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree in relevant field preferred. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with medically fragile and/or disabled children preferred.
· Strong customer service skills required.
· Demonstrates aptitude for providing appropriate behavioral controls for these patients.
· Possess a willingness to learn necessary skills and knowledge and to strive for continuous improvement.
· Demonstrates working knowledge of PC and windows applications.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills and ability to interact with families with diverse backgrounds and education.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: