Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
24 Hours per Week
Mornings/Days/First Shift, Afternoons/Evenings/Second Shift, Weekends, and Holidays
The Cook prepares hot and cold foods for patients, visitors, and staff.
1. Prepares hot and cold foods for patients, visitors, and staff.
2. Prepares quantities of food items for patients, cafeteria, catered feeding, and individual special diet items and nourishments for patient feeding.
3. Prepares food items according to standardized recipes and portion control guidelines.
4. Follows standards of sanitation and safety in food handling according to HACCP guidelines.
5. Maintains cleanliness of the work area.
6. Completes forms and checklists.
7. Communicates with co-workers and supervision.
8. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in hazard analysis critical control point is preferred.
2. Experience in short order cooking, preparation for room service such as restaurants, other hospital room service experience is required.
3. Experience in creative cooking and design experience is preferred.
4. Experience in quantity cooking is required.
5. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
6. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
7. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Certification: ServSafe is preferred.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: